20601A-WFNZ-the-fan-Final2 35h_CBSSportsRad_1660AM

Rock Hill boy found dead in Boone

(Photo by JEWEL SAMAD/AFP/Getty Images)

Detectors In NC Hotels, Motels Approved By House

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina hotels and motels soon could be required to have carbon monoxide detectors in the wake of deaths related to the poisonous gas. The House voted Thursday for the requirement […]

CBS Charlotte–07/12/2013

(Photo by JEWEL SAMAD/AFP/Getty Images)

Boone Officials Say Heater Replaced Without Permit

BOONE, N.C. (AP) — A Boone inspector says a motel pool heater that leaked carbon monoxide and killed a Washington state couple and later a South Carolina boy was installed without the knowledge of the […]

CBS Charlotte–06/18/2013

File photo of an autopsy room.  (Credit: NICOLAS ASFOURI/AFP/Getty Images)

Boone Medical Examiner Steps Down After Hotel Deaths

(CBS Charlotte) — The medical examiner who preformed autopsies on three people who died in the same hotel room in Boone, North Carolina has resigned.  According to WBTV, the North Carolina Department of Heath and Human […]

06/14/2013

File photo of ambulance. (Photo by: Nichole Jaworski/CBS Charlotte)

What You Need To Know About Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

(CBS Charlotte) — In light of three deaths over the last couple of months at the Best Western Hotel in Boone, North Carolina, we felt it was important to highlight the hidden dangers of carbon […]

CBS Charlotte–06/13/2013

(Photo by JEWEL SAMAD/AFP/Getty Images)

NC Health Dept.: Poison Gas Not In Pool Inspection

BOONE, N.C. (AP) — Inspectors checked a North Carolina motel where three people are presumed killed by carbon monoxide fumes from a pool water heater, but the local health department says the inspection doesn’t include […]

CBS Charlotte–06/11/2013

File photo of doctor. (Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images)

Elderly Couple, Rock Hill Boy Died From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Hotel Room

(CBS Charlotte) — A mother and her son were found unresponsive on Saturday afternoon at a hotel in Boone, North Carolina. Medics were dispatched to the Best Western on East King Street shortly after noon, […]

CBS Charlotte–06/09/2013