5000 Whitewater Center Parkway
Charlotte, NC 28214
- AllSport Daily Pass – $49 Adult (11 years old and up), $39 Child (4-9 years old) (unlimited access)
- CoolSport Pass – $34 (All ages) (If you don’t want to raft)
- QuickSport Daily Pass – $15 – $25 (All ages) (One turn on either Climbing, MegaZip, Mega Jump,Adventure Course and Climb 2 Zip)
- AllSport Sunset Pass – $39 Adult (11 years old and up), $25 Child (4-10 years old) (Monday-Friday 3p-Close ONLY)
- Extreme Upgrades to the AllSport Pass (varying prices)
Hours Of Operation:
Since weather, seasons and temperatures all play a factor in the outdoor experience, the hours of operation vary by week. For up to date information, please visit the USNWC Hours of Operation Page.
From downtown Charlotte
- Head west on US-74 W/Wilkinson Blvd. Turn left onto I-485 Inner North Ramp and continue onto I-485 N/Statesville. Take exit 12 for Moores Chapel Road and follow signs for USNWC
- Head towards the intersection of I-485 and I-85 on the west side of Charlotte. Take exit 29 for Sam Wilson Road and follow signs for USNWC
- Head towards the intersection of I-485 and I-85 on the west side of Charlotte. Take exit 12 for Moores Chapel Road and follow signs for USNWC
Please note, parking is $5 a day, $40 for an annual pass.
- Whitewater Rafting (includes family, adventure and rodeo rafting)
- Flatwater Kayaking (more relaxing, calm waters)
- Sit-on-top Kayaking (for advanced individuals, sit on top of the kayak near the rapids)
- Whitewater Kayaking (immerse yourself into the rapids of the whitewaters)
- Rock Climbing (a 46-foot climbing wall from beginners to expert)
- Mountain Biking (bring your bike for 14 miles of USNWC trails varying by difficulty)
- Mega Zip (a 1,123 foot zip line across the waters of USNWC)
- Mega Jump (bungee jump off a 46 foot rock wall towards the whitewater rapids)
- Adventure Course (a 20-foot high ropes course for families and individuals with varying difficulties)
- Climb 2 Zip (Climb to a 32-foot high zip line, cascading over the land of USNWC)
- Eco Trekking (hiking with a twist as individuals and families ‘live’ in the wild and have to find hidden checkpoints)
- The Trail System (walk or run at your own pace through 14 miles of trails)
- Summer Camp (weekly camps varying by age and featuring different activities from traditional summer camp activities to whitewater camps and more advanced outdoor camps)
- Day Camp (drop kids off at 8am, pick them up at 5pm while they spend their day doing activities, crafts and games)
- Educational Adventures (think field trip! Classrooms can participate in activities for a day trip to the USNWC)
- Wilderness Exploration and Survival (a weekend survival course including camping, hiking and ‘surviving off the land’)
- Survival 101 (learn the basics of wilderness safety)
What To Bring:
- bathing suit, shorts, t-shirt, rash guard or quick drying clothing is best. For cooler weather please bring a rain jacket, warm/quick drying clothing and warm socks. Do not wear jeans or cotton.
- Secure footwear with a heel strap is required. Old sneakers, water shoes or sandals with a rubber sole are suggested.
- Eyeglass strap
- A change of clothes and shoes
- A helmet if planning on biking. Helmets are required.
- Closed toe shoes are required for all land activities.
- Comfortable, light and loose-fitting clothing.
- Pants are suggested to protect yourself against possible abrasions. You may wear shorts if you like but it’s highly unrecommended.
- Don’t wear jewelry
- Bring sunscreen for protection and hair ties to pull back long hair.
- Climbers may utilize personal gear so long as it’s deemed safe by USNWC staff.
Whitewater Hard Boarding
- Hardboaters must provide all of their own gear for paddling. Flotation is required.
- If participating in whitewater kayak instruction, USNWC will provide all necessary gear.
- The River’s Edge Bar & Grill offers a full menu of food, beer and wine while you take a break from your outdoor adventures. Offering lunch and dinner, the River’s Edge is the perfect pit stop. For on-the-go families, visit the Market for quick drinks and snacks. To see the menu, check here.
For more information and to download the WAIVER, please visit the official U.S. National Whitewater Center website.