Contest Rules: Greater Golf Express Giveaway
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER
- These rules govern the Greater Golf Express Giveaway Giveaway promotion (the “Promotion”) being conducted by WFNZ(the “Station”) beginning at 12:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 16, 2012 and ending at approximately 3:15 pm ET on August 23, 2012.
- To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method:
- i. Beginning on August 16, 2012 at 12:01 am ET, log onto www.charlotte.cbslocal.com. Click on the Greater Golf Express Giveaway logo and complete an official entry form including your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number, date of birth, and valid email address. All entries must be received by August 22, 2012 at 11:59 pm ET. Only one internet entry per person and one internet entry per email address is permitted. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning an email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. All entries submitted become the sole property of the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion. The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems.
- ii. To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method: Stop by The Greatest Golf Express located at 9755 Sam Furr Boulevard., Huntersville, NC, on August 23, 2012 from 12:00 pm ET to 3:00 pm ET where qualifiers will select a ping pong ball from the hopper. Starting at 3:00 pm ET, numbers will be randomly selected; contestants whose number is selected will be eliminated from the contest. The contestant with the last number drawn will be declared the winner. All contestants must select a number by 3:00 pm ET on August 23, 2012. No numbers will be selected after 3:00 pm ET on August 23, 2012. The Station is not responsible for lost, stolen, mangled, illegible, incomplete or late entries. Limited one (1) entry per person
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all persons who are 18 years of age or older and who reside in North or South Carolina. Employees of the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, its participating sponsors, other radio stations in the Charlotte metropolitan area, the members of their immediate families (spouse, parent, sibling or child) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Listeners are eligible to win a prize in a CBS Radio Charlotte (the “Cluster”) promotion only once every thirty (30) days. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any Cluster promotion.
- The winner must provide valid government-issued photo identification and provide their complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize.
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements. The Station will also delete any entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- One (1) prize will be awarded in this Promotion. The prize consists of one (1) set of Taylor Made RBZ Clubs which includes: one (1) driver, three (3) wood hybrid, one (1) set of irons, and one (1) stand bag. The winner will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the Prize. The Station accepts no responsibility for repairing any real or supposed damage to any prize. Approximate Retail Value of the prize: $1,600.00.
- All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up on-site the day of the event. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within thirty (30) days of notification. No prizes will be mailed. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- There is no substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes or cash of comparable value. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- One (1)winner will be selected at approximately 3:00 pm ET on August 23, 2012 in a random drawing of all eligible online and onsite entries received.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible online and onsite entries received.
- The winner does not need to listen to the Station, but must be present to win.
- The winner will be selected on August 23, 2012 at approximately 3:15 pm ET on-site. If winner is not present then the winner forfeits the prize and an alternate winner will be selected.
- The winner must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release the day of the event.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station (or any other CBS Radio station in Station’s market) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize. Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- By participating in the Promotion, the winner agrees to have the winner’s name, voice and likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the Promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station, in its sole discretion, may require Promotion winner (and any travel companion(s) or guest(s)) to sign a liability release, agreeing to release and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and participation in the Promotion.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Station that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station will select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the termination time/date.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in a contestant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station reserves the right to disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning future Promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by August 23, 2012 to “Greater Golf Express Giveaway Rules – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, The Fan 610 AM WFNZ. For the names of the prize winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by within sixty (60) days of contest ending to the above address marked “Greater Golf Express Giveaway Rules – Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and shall be posted online at http://charlotte.cbslocal.com.
Sponsor: Greater Golf Express.