Political Blog Progressive
- Cops: Flea Killer Put In Mother-In-Law’s Wine
- President Of Law School Resigns Days After Starting Job
- Ex-Fire Department Chief Charged With Embezzlement
- Firefighter Sentenced For Trying To Hire Undercover Officer To Kill Wife
- University Removes Cosby’s Name From Its Board Of Advisers Amid Sex Assault Allegations
- We recap CFB weekend & get preview of tomorrow's CFB rankings & scenarios w/ @JBradEdwards NOW on @PrimetimeWFNZ. bit.ly/ListenWFNZ 40 minutes ago
- Today's @PrimetimeWFNZ: @TheRealJeffReed & @MooseMuhammad87. #Panthers keep getting chances, CFB takeaways, #Hornets on strugglebus & more. 1 hour ago
- Taking your thoughts and calls on the #Hornets through 3p: bit.ly/WFNZlisten @BustinLooseWFNZ 2 hours ago
- Does #JameisWinston deserve penalty for his contact w/ a referee Sat night? Share your opinion with @BustinLooseWFNZ bit.ly/WFNZlisten 3 hours ago
- #NFL, #Panthers, & #Hornets talk today on @BustinLooseWFNZ Join the conversation: bit.ly/WFNZlisten 4 hours ago
Latest Charlotte Political Blog Progressive
Last week, Senator Mitch McConnell, the Republican Minority Leader in the Senate, did the stupidest thing any Senate Leader has done in the history of the Senate: He filibustered a bill he supported within a minute of introducing the legislation.
Slowly but surely the economy is picking up steam. Today’s job numbers are another data point that Barack Obama and Democrats have put the country on a path to recovery from the economic carnage of the Bush Administration.
In June of last year, the Supreme Court upheld the Affordable Care Act. As I wrote, this is the Greatest Tax Ever! I was thrilled to get a notice this year that I was getting a rebate check from my health insurance company.
The Brain Dead Republican Congress has had some low points, but last week’s Senate vote on a United Nations treaty for the disabled was notable in its outrageousness.
Republicans built a trap for themselves, having for years passed bills with highly unpopular cuts and little public notice. Now Republicans will take the blame if we go over the fiscal cliff.
With one month to go before we reach the fiscal cliff, Republicans are going to have to figure out how to do something serious for a change instead of grandstanding and avoiding specifics.
Speaker John Boehner believes he holds a strong hand in fiscal cliff and debt limit talks. He is, once again, taking the global economy hostage and playing politics with the U.S. debt limit.
Ken Cuccinelli aspires to be the next governor of Virginia after spending four years trying to deny women’s health care rights, blocking Obamacare and forcing his ideology and personal beliefs on the Commonwealth of Virginia.
It is not news when Republicans try to block access to the ballot box for poor, minority and elderly voters. What is unusual is that Republicans are admitting it.