Political Blog Progressive
Latest Charlotte Political Blog Progressive
Former House Republican Leader Dick Armey criticized GOP candidates for saying “stupid things,” but here is one problem: The 2012 candidates were talking about Republican policy.
Last week, Senator Mitch McConnell, the Republican Minority Leader in the Senate, did the stupidest thing any Senate Leader has done in the history of the Senate: He filibustered a bill he supported within a minute of introducing the legislation.
Slowly but surely the economy is picking up steam. Today’s job numbers are another data point that Barack Obama and Democrats have put the country on a path to recovery from the economic carnage of the Bush Administration.
In June of last year, the Supreme Court upheld the Affordable Care Act. As I wrote, this is the Greatest Tax Ever! I was thrilled to get a notice this year that I was getting a rebate check from my health insurance company.
The Brain Dead Republican Congress has had some low points, but last week’s Senate vote on a United Nations treaty for the disabled was notable in its outrageousness.
Republicans built a trap for themselves, having for years passed bills with highly unpopular cuts and little public notice. Now Republicans will take the blame if we go over the fiscal cliff.
With one month to go before we reach the fiscal cliff, Republicans are going to have to figure out how to do something serious for a change instead of grandstanding and avoiding specifics.
Speaker John Boehner believes he holds a strong hand in fiscal cliff and debt limit talks. He is, once again, taking the global economy hostage and playing politics with the U.S. debt limit.
Ken Cuccinelli aspires to be the next governor of Virginia after spending four years trying to deny women’s health care rights, blocking Obamacare and forcing his ideology and personal beliefs on the Commonwealth of Virginia.
It is not news when Republicans try to block access to the ballot box for poor, minority and elderly voters. What is unusual is that Republicans are admitting it.
- NASCAR Driver Dale Earnhardt Jr Talks With The Drive
- Humpy Wheeler: CMS Won’t Be The Same If Bruton Takes A Race Away
- Chris Mannix: Victor Oladipo Fits Well With The Bobcats Roster
- Joe Posnanski Discusses The Charlotte Hornets History
- Jay Bilas: “If You Like College Ball More Than The NBA Its Not Because Of The Play Of The Game”
- .@JayBilas -> "If You Like College Ball More Than The NBA It's Not Because The Play Of The Game" cbsloc.al/10t4sFs 2 hours ago
- NASCAR Driver Dale Earnhardt Jr Talks With The Drive dlvr.it/3QSfxn 7 hours ago
- NASCAR Driver #DaleEarnhardtJr Talks With @taylorzradio and @marcjames of @thedrivenc « CBS Charlotte cbsloc.al/134pzQq 16 hours ago
- RT @95KeepPounding: @wfnz @thedrivenc @JRMotorsports Tell Junior that Cam is undefeated against his Redskins. #KeepPounding #PantherNation 20 hours ago
- Right now on @thedrivenc #DaleJr is with the guys live from @JRMotorsports in Mooresville. Listen Live bit.ly/TLaFeD 20 hours ago