Political Blog Progressive
- ACM Party for a Cause Lineup Now Includes Danielle Bradbery, Lee Brice, Florida Georgia Line, More
- Alaa Abdelnaby: I’m Leaning Towards Fair Or Parker As ACC POY
- Weekend Warriors-Duke Bounces Back
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Adam Lucas Previews Duke-UNC Round 2
- Watch Musicians + Sports: American Authors (@AAuthorsMusic) talk @MLB, @RedSox and @KanyeWest 's aquatic calling? cbsloc.al/1fe2W04 50 minutes ago
- The Pairings Set For @theACC Tournament In Greensboro! Are You Excited About Wednesdays Games? cbsloc.al/1lpVep4 1 hour ago
- Check Out The @NFL Free Agency Tracker For Where Your Favorite Players Are Projected To Be Next Season: cbsloc.al/1ndmCel 2 hours ago
- GO @Bobcats! RT Us Your Reaction & Pics At The @denvernuggets Game Here! bit.ly/610TheFan #Bobcats 3 hours ago
- [WATCH] Biggest Moments Of @theACC Basketball Season For 2013-14 | cbsloc.al/1cr2a55 4 hours ago
Latest Charlotte Political Blog Progressive
Congress refused to vote for relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The first Republican President famously said “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” The same holds true for the Republican Party today.
At midnight, not only did the ball drop in Times Square, ushering in a New Year, but Congress dropped the ball on delivering the country meaningful deficit reduction.
If Congress manages to pass a feeble, last minute, deal on taxes it will be a deal that is long overdue. All of this could have been avoided.
Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
More than a month after the election, things continue to get worse for the GOP brand. The lead Republican spokesperson during the fiscal cliff negotiations, House Speaker John Boehner, has a 34 percent approval rating. President Obama has a 54 percent approval rating.