Political Blog Progressive
- #NFL twitter map: Where are your team's fans located? cbsloc.al/1rndctZ 4 hours ago
- Panthers’ @CameronNewton Stays Positive Amid Obstacles cbsloc.al/1sdLmPS #Panthers #KeepPounding 6 hours ago
- We're Broadcasting LIVE At @EpiCentreNC To Kickoff Charlotte @Hornets Season This Wednesday! bit.ly/1gsipBg ow.ly/i/7kido 10 hours ago
- Come Celebrate The Return Of The Charlotte @Hornets at "BUZZ FEST" In CLT Convention Center! Today & Tomm! #BUZZFEST bit.ly/1rrILSq 12 hours ago
- RT @kdonnalley: 60 min to 49ers vs JMU tune in to 610 AM for live broadcast at noon @wfnz @Charlotte49ers @Kroeger #ninernation #win http:/… 13 hours ago
Latest Charlotte Political Blog Progressive
Congress refused to vote for relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The first Republican President famously said “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” The same holds true for the Republican Party today.
At midnight, not only did the ball drop in Times Square, ushering in a New Year, but Congress dropped the ball on delivering the country meaningful deficit reduction.
If Congress manages to pass a feeble, last minute, deal on taxes it will be a deal that is long overdue. All of this could have been avoided.
Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
More than a month after the election, things continue to get worse for the GOP brand. The lead Republican spokesperson during the fiscal cliff negotiations, House Speaker John Boehner, has a 34 percent approval rating. President Obama has a 54 percent approval rating.