- Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert, George Strait, More Among to Perform at 2014 ACM Awards
- Jones Angell Talks Heels and Previews Duke Rematch
- John Feinstein Shares Amazing Stories About Dean Smith
- Taylor Swift: Inside the ACM Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Blake Shelton: Inside the ACM Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Will the @Braves big 6 year commitment to rookie @Julio_Teheran pay off? Our prediction: cbsloc.al/1dvwHx3 #30Players30Days 1 hour ago
- Excited for the @ACMawards? See your favorite country singers live! Enter to win a trip & tickets to the show here: cbsloc.al/1eN9mrt 2 hours ago
- UNC-Duke Tickets Easily The Most Expensive Game Of Rivalry Week | cbsloc.al/1fKmQ91 3 hours ago
- NC State's Mark Gottfried Makes His Case Why TJ Warren Should Be @theACC Player Of The Year...U Agree? cbsloc.al/1dwPIir 4 hours ago
- .@WakeForest Knocks Off No. 4 @DukeU, 82-72...What Are Duke's Chances Against UNC On Sat? cbsloc.al/P5X2t5 5 hours ago
Latest Charlotte Labor Day
From great parks to historical sites, Charlotte and its surrounding area are loaded with great activities for family day trips. Our list of the best day trips for Charlotte families includes the North Carolina Zoological Park, Cane Creek Park, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Cannon Village.
To many, shopping is a quest, an adventure to acquire that perfect, unique item or article of clothing at a good, or maybe even great, price. The best bargain hunting in Charlotte includes Classic Attic, Very Terry Contemporary Consignments, J.T. Posh, Sweet Repeats and the Buttercup.
There are times when one feels an overwhelming desire to breathe fresh air, so it’s great when an establishment’s outdoor deck or patio creates its own ambiance. Here’s a list of the best places in Charlotte for outdoor drinking, and it includes the Solstice Tavern, Ed’s Tavern, Boardwalk Billy’s Raw Bar & Ribs, and Selwyn Avenue Pub.
Ancestors of the people of Frankfurt, Germany, and Vienna, Austria, may lay claim to inventing the hot dog. But the best hot dogs in Charlotte are proof that the Queen City is perfecting the art.
Golf and North Carolina may as well be synonymous. Not only is the legendary Pinehurst course located in the middle of the state, but the Charlotte area boasts some of the finest courses anywhere.
Shopping at a thrift store or flea market can help stretch your dollar. But there’s often a more altruistic reason to shop at a thrift store – helping others in your community.
Standing in the middle of a Victorian-era garden surrounded by birds… white-water rafting minutes from uptown… attending a Southern hockey match… hand-feeding wild animals. Those activities may not be foremost on many “To Do” lists, which is why we count them among the best activities you wouldn’t think to do in Charlotte.
Even with the finest and fanciest cuisine within reach, sometimes you just want a burger – and not the kind you can get at a drive-thru. Queen City patrons must head to Nix Burger & Brew, Big Daddy’s Burger Bar or Zack’s Hamburgers.