Health Topic Center
CBS Charlotte Health News
- New Technology Uses Breath To Detect Deadly Diseases Something as simple as your breath could be the most accurate diagnostic tool for everything from asthma to cancer.
- Doctor: Blue Light From Electronics Can Wreak Havoc On Children's Sleep The latest research shows that nighttime exposure to blue light – mainly from computers, smartphones, tablets and e-readers -- is particularly harmful.
- A Medical Re-Awakening To Issues Of Domestic Violence Desiree Cooper, a spokesperson for Planned Parenthood, said many victims of abuse neglect their healthcare needs.
- CDC: US Children Consume Too Much Salt According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 90 percent of children in the U.S. aged 6 -18 have too much salt in their diet.
- Enterovirus D68: What Every Parent Should Know Parents should be prepared for a new virus that is infecting the Midwest and looking to sweep the nation.
- Expert: Is a Low-Carb Diet Better Than a Low-Fat Diet? A new study finds the best diet for weight loss and heart health may be a low-carb diet.
- Study: Action-Packed TV Might Make You Snack More Could action-packed TV fare make you fat? That's the implication of a new study that found people snacked more watching fast-paced television than viewing a more leisurely paced talk show.
- Study Shows Treatment In Infants Reduces Symptoms Of Autism There is new hope in the fight against autism and it starts before a child is even diagnosed.
- Study: Potassium Can Help Prevent Strokes A new report in the journal 'Stroke' says there could be advantages to having potassium in the body.
- Study: Any Diet Works If People Stick To It Willpower is the key to weight loss, say researchers.