Carolina Panthers 2014 Regular NFL Season Schedule Released | See Here Read More
Health Topic Center
CBS Charlotte Health News
- Study: Eating A Snack Might Help Avoid Fight With Spouse WASHINGTON (AP) — A quick candy bar may stave off more than hunger. It could prevent major fights between husbands and wives, at least if a new study that used voodoo dolls is right. That's because low blood sugar can make spouses touchy,...
- More Than 1,000 Get Hepatitis A Shots In Charlotte CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Health officials say more than 1,000 people have been given vaccinations against hepatitis A after an employee at a Charlotte pizza restaurant was hospitalized with the disease. Health officials in Mecklenburg and Cabarrus...
- Report: Researchers Develop 'Thinking Cap' Researchers say a strong "negative spike" of electricity in the brain may be a key to learning from one's mistakes.
- The Biggest Pregnancy Myths Debunked by Expert Linda Geddes Simon & Schuster author Linda Geddes explores and debunks common baby and pregnancy myths here.
- Experts Increasingly Contemplate End Of Smoking A growing number of experts believe the most promising option is to get people to switch to electronic cigarettes.
- Kids Continue To Pound Back The Caffeine Approximately 75 percent of U.S. kids and young adults consume at least some caffeine on a daily basis.
- ADA's New Recommendations To Keep Kids Cavity Free The ADA says children should begin using toothpaste with fluoride as soon as they get their first tooth to help fight cavities.
- Many Women Unaware Of Heart Disease's Threat Only one in five women are aware that heart disease is their greatest health threat.
- Worsening Eye Infection Forces Bob Costas Off Olympic Prime Time Broadcaster Bob Costas's eye infection is keeping him on the bench at the Winter Olympics.
- Blue Cross Now Plans To Offer Gay NC Couples Family Policies CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina's largest insurer reversed course Wednesday and said it will offer family coverage to same-sex married couples and domestic partners. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina said it's making the change...