Health Topic Center
CBS Charlotte Health News
- Pediatricians' Rx For Schools: Later Start Times Pediatricians have a new prescription for schools: later start times for teens.
- Parents Growing More Concerned Over Potential For Concussions In Young Soccer Players The lawsuit was filed Wednesday and seeks class action status on behalf of current and former soccer players who competed for teams governed by FIFA and several U.S.-based soccer organizations.
- New Nail Polish Detects Presence of Date Rape Drugs in Drinks The future of preventing date rape may soon be at the tip of your finger—literally.
- At-Home Test For Colon Cancer Coming Soon The Mayo Clinic is the first in the country to offer a new, at-home screening test for colon cancer.
- Study: Women Entering Pregnancy In Poor Health Less Likely To Breastfeed More women in the United States are choosing to breastfeed their kids. But new research from the University of Minnesota is shedding some light on the overall health of pregnant women.
- What Robin Williams' Death Tells Us About Parkinson's Disease Williams passing has shed light on his overall health; both mental and physical.
- Husband Of Woman Who Contracted Ebola: 'This Is Something That God Has Given Us In Our Lives' David Writebol and his wife Nancy expected to enter a world of poverty, pain and suffering when they left home last year for missionary work in Liberia. They accepted the risks, having faith that God would ensure their safety.
- How Common Is Depression? Nearly 60 million people experience a mental health condition every year. But only a fraction of those conditions are ever detected.
- Study: Metabolism Can Be Boosted By Adjusting Thermostat A new study published by the American Diabetes Association shows something as simple as lowering your thermostat can jump start your metabolism.
- FDA Warns Tattoo Ink Can Cause Infection Thinking about getting inked? Check the bottle first.