Back to School
- ACM Party for a Cause Lineup Now Includes Danielle Bradbery, Lee Brice, Florida Georgia Line, More
- Alaa Abdelnaby: I’m Leaning Towards Fair Or Parker As ACC POY
- Weekend Warriors-Duke Bounces Back
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Adam Lucas Previews Duke-UNC Round 2
- Watch Musicians + Sports: American Authors (@AAuthorsMusic) talk @MLB, @RedSox and @KanyeWest 's aquatic calling? cbsloc.al/1fe2W04 1 hour ago
- The Pairings Set For @theACC Tournament In Greensboro! Are You Excited About Wednesdays Games? cbsloc.al/1lpVep4 2 hours ago
- Check Out The @NFL Free Agency Tracker For Where Your Favorite Players Are Projected To Be Next Season: cbsloc.al/1ndmCel 3 hours ago
- GO @Bobcats! RT Us Your Reaction & Pics At The @denvernuggets Game Here! bit.ly/610TheFan #Bobcats 4 hours ago
- [WATCH] Biggest Moments Of @theACC Basketball Season For 2013-14 | cbsloc.al/1cr2a55 5 hours ago
Latest Charlotte Back to School
Help your kids learn and prepare for the future through after-school activities.
The bags are packed and the move-in date is coming up fast. Now all that’s left before moving into the dorms and starting a new life at college is dorm-room shopping. Here are some essential items to put on that shopping list.
Summer is winding down, and a new school year is ahead. With a sagging economy, retailers are eager for open wallets as many large chains have designated Aug. 11 as a national day of back-to-school shopping. Before hitting the malls, however, check out these locations for clothes, supplies and haircuts. Get organized. Make lists, and preserve the family budget with these great local shops perfect for the back-to-school blues.
Being the victim of a relentless bully can be a distraction and even a danger to kids. As a parent, it is important to recognize the signs of bullying, know how to talk to your children about bullies and establish an appropriate reaction to a bully situation.
Education and technology are becoming increasingly integrated, and keeping up on all of the new educational applications for kids is important. One of the biggest struggles is not finding an app; it is finding the appropriate app.
Children who come with the ability to interact with computer screens and basic keyboard knowledge find it much easier to learn in today’s classrooms.
The first day of school feels to children the way the first day on a job feels to parents, a bit stressful. The two best ways to prepare your children for a less stressful first day is to change as many unknown factors to known and provide positive support.
It’s time to pick a side, who is your favorite TV or movie school teacher?