Back to School
- Ex-Greenville Police Officer Accused Of Tampering with Evidence, Obstructing Justice
- Bar Bans ‘Blurred Lines’ After UNC Student Complained Song Promoted Rape Culture
- Horry County Bans Beach Tents
- Former NC Teacher Accused Of Sending Obscene Videos To Students
- SC Education Agency Pulls Out Of Testing Program
- Later on The Drive @bobcats asst coach Mark Price at 4p and the new coach at @WakeForest1834 #DannyManning 5p bit.ly/TLaFeD 6 hours ago
- Come To The WFNZ Pre-Draft Party At @AllAmericanPub Thurs, May 1st ft @gregolsen82, @tomsorensen, & More! Info Here: bit.ly/Q6RyP0 11 hours ago
- RT @BobcatsPR: @bobcats GM Rich Cho will be on with @macwfnz @wfnz at 7:45 am today. 13 hours ago
- Guests on the Mac Attack. Bobcats GM Rich Cho at 7:45am, @ProFootballTalk at 8:05 & Pack FB coach Dave Doeren at 8:45 bit.ly/QnJlpa 14 hours ago
- Charles Davis: I Don’t See How Panthers Pass On Cooks Or Beckham Jr. dlvr.it/5PyShl 16 hours ago
Latest Charlotte Back to School
Help your kids learn and prepare for the future through after-school activities.
The bags are packed and the move-in date is coming up fast. Now all that’s left before moving into the dorms and starting a new life at college is dorm-room shopping. Here are some essential items to put on that shopping list.
Summer is winding down, and a new school year is ahead. With a sagging economy, retailers are eager for open wallets as many large chains have designated Aug. 11 as a national day of back-to-school shopping. Before hitting the malls, however, check out these locations for clothes, supplies and haircuts. Get organized. Make lists, and preserve the family budget with these great local shops perfect for the back-to-school blues.
Education and technology are becoming increasingly integrated, and keeping up on all of the new educational applications for kids is important. One of the biggest struggles is not finding an app; it is finding the appropriate app.
Children who come with the ability to interact with computer screens and basic keyboard knowledge find it much easier to learn in today’s classrooms.
The first day of school feels to children the way the first day on a job feels to parents, a bit stressful. The two best ways to prepare your children for a less stressful first day is to change as many unknown factors to known and provide positive support.
Being the victim of a relentless bully can be a distraction and even a danger to kids. As a parent, it is important to recognize the signs of bullying, know how to talk to your children about bullies and establish an appropriate reaction to a bully situation.
It’s time to pick a side, who is your favorite TV or movie school teacher?