Person Found Dead In Richland County Fire
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Fire department officials say one person has been found dead in a fire at a home in Richland County.
Columbia-Richland Fire Department spokesman Brick Lewis said the body was found around 8 p.m. Wednesday just northeast of Columbia.
The victim’s name has not been released.
Lewis said light smoke was coming from the house when firefighters arrived. Most of the damage occurred in a bedroom.
The Richland County fire marshal is investigating the cause of the fire.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Of Law School Resigns Days After Starting Job
- Ex-Fire Department Chief Charged With Embezzlement
- Firefighter Sentenced For Trying To Hire Undercover Officer To Kill Wife
- University Removes Cosby’s Name From Its Board Of Advisers Amid Sex Assault Allegations
- Group Of Mothers Push To Ban Guns From Store