Person Found Dead In Richland County Fire
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Fire department officials say one person has been found dead in a fire at a home in Richland County.
Columbia-Richland Fire Department spokesman Brick Lewis said the body was found around 8 p.m. Wednesday just northeast of Columbia.
The victim’s name has not been released.
Lewis said light smoke was coming from the house when firefighters arrived. Most of the damage occurred in a bedroom.
The Richland County fire marshal is investigating the cause of the fire.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Probe Reveals Scope Of Academic Fraud At UNC Involving 3,100 Students
- Researchers Find German U-Boat, Freighter Sunk Off NC Coast More Than 70 Years Ago During WWII Battle
- GOP Leader: NC Officials Can Refuse To Marry Gays
- HS Football Coach Ousted After Claims Of Racist Watermelon Postgame Celebration
- NC Campaign Flier Has Background Lynching Photo