6-Year-Old Boy Hit By Falling Trailer Door, Dies
BEAUFORT, S.C. (AP) — A 6-year-old Beaufort County boy has died after he apparently unlatched a trailer door that fell on him and crushed his chest.
Deputy Coroner David Ott told multiple media outlets that James McDiffett Jr., died Monday at Beaufort Memorial Hospital. Ott says an autopsy revealed the accidental death was caused by asphyxia from the door compressing his chest.
Sheriff’s Sgt. Robin McIntosh says officers were called to the boy’s home in Burton after residents heard a noise they thought was a gunshot.
McIntosh says the boy apparently had unlatched the trailer door, which fell on him. His father found him when he came outside to investigate the noise.
McDiffett was a first grader at Whale Branch Elementary.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Of Law School Resigns Days After Starting Job
- Ex-Fire Department Chief Charged With Embezzlement
- Firefighter Sentenced For Trying To Hire Undercover Officer To Kill Wife
- University Removes Cosby’s Name From Its Board Of Advisers Amid Sex Assault Allegations
- Group Of Mothers Push To Ban Guns From Store