2 Children Die When Boat Capsizes In SC
ANDERSON, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a 9-year-old and a 5-month-old boy have died after a boat capsized on Lake Hartwell.
The Anderson County Coroner’s Office told local media outlets that the older boy, Christian Henderson, was pulled from the water and could not be resuscitated, while divers found the baby, Timothy Dragoo, about four hours after the boat flipped. Neither child was wearing a life jacket.
Department of Natural Resources spokesman Robert McCullough says the pontoon boat was pulling into a dock on the lake near Interstate 85 around 8:30 p.m. Sunday when it turned over. Witnesses say there were about a dozen people on board.
DNR agents charged the boat’s driver, 52-year-old Dawn Thompson, with driving under the influence resulting in death. It wasn’t known if she had a lawyer.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- School Bus Driver Accused Of Leaving Sick 12-Year-Old Boy On Side Of Road
- Ex-Prosecutor: McCrory Would Be ‘Fool’ To Pardon 2
- Man Killed In Trench Collapse In Alexander County
- SC Airport Bomb-Sniffing Dog Dies In Handler’s Car
- Warrant: SC Dad Who Allegedly Killed His Five Children Believed They Were Going To Kill Him