7 Adults Charged As 15 Kids Removed From SC Home
WOODRUFF, S.C. (AP) — Seven adults face child neglect charges in upstate South Carolina after 15 children were removed from a dirty, trash-strewn doublewide mobile home where they all lived.
Area media outlets report the adults were charged Wednesday after Spartanburg County sheriff’s deputies came to the home in Woodruff to investigate allegations of sexual abuse.
The children were taken into protective custody by the state Department of Social Services.
The adults were released on personal recognizance bonds Wednesday evening and told to have no contact with the children.
A report from the Sheriff’s Office said investigators found animal feces, urine, medicine bottles and unsecured guns in the house. The report said that six of the kids were playing in an above-ground pool that was green with algae because it had not been cleaned.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Of Law School Resigns Days After Starting Job
- Ex-Fire Department Chief Charged With Embezzlement
- Firefighter Sentenced For Trying To Hire Undercover Officer To Kill Wife
- University Removes Cosby’s Name From Its Board Of Advisers Amid Sex Assault Allegations
- Group Of Mothers Push To Ban Guns From Store