3 Charged In Assault On Disabled SC Veteran
ROCK HILL, S.C. (AP) — Three people have been charged – including the victim’s granddaughter – in a home invasion that resulted in the shooting and wounding of a disabled Vietnam veteran in Rock Hill.
Area media outlets report the incident happened last Saturday and 70-year-old Wayne Whiteside remains in fair condition at Carolinas Medical center in Charlotte.
On Wednesday, York County Sheriff’s deputies charged Whiteside’s 21-year-old granddaughter Kaylan Elaine Whiteside with attempted murder and burglary. Authorities say 32-year-old Wolfgang William Liewald of Rock Hill and 41-year-old Ben Patrick Smith of Charlotte also face the same charges. It was not immediately clear if they had attorneys.
Wayne Whiteside served two tours in Vietnam and his home flies the Marine Corps and American flags and has other Marines regalia.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ex-Fire Department Chief Charged With Embezzlement
- Firefighter Sentenced For Trying To Hire Undercover Officer To Kill Wife
- University Removes Cosby’s Name From Its Board Of Advisers Amid Sex Assault Allegations
- Group Of Mothers Push To Ban Guns From Store
- Solar Power Backers: Leave Friendly NC Laws Alone