Man Shot To Death In Shelby
SHELBY, N.C. (AP) — Police in Shelby say a man has been killed and a woman has been hurt in a shooting.
Multiple media outlets report that police were called to a home around 8:45 p.m. Tuesday. Twenty-nine-year-old Jacques McIntyre had been shot in the chest and 40-year-old Demetria Adams had been shot in the foot.
Both victims were taken to Cleveland Regional Medical Center, where McIntyre died. Adams was treated and released.
Detectives said there was a fight involving the victims and 23-year-old Richas Clark. Police say Clark left the home before they arrived, but he was picked up in Gastonia and has been charged with murder, possession of a weapon by a felon and assault with a deadly weapon.
It was not clear if Clark has an attorney.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Of Law School Resigns Days After Starting Job
- Ex-Fire Department Chief Charged With Embezzlement
- Firefighter Sentenced For Trying To Hire Undercover Officer To Kill Wife
- University Removes Cosby’s Name From Its Board Of Advisers Amid Sex Assault Allegations
- Group Of Mothers Push To Ban Guns From Store