CMPD Officers, 10-Year-Old Girl Shot
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — A Charlotte man is in police custody after a young girl and two officers responding to a report of a domestic shooting were wounded.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said a woman called 911 Sunday and said her boyfriend tried to attack her.
Police Chief Rodney Monroe say two officers were slightly wounded while responding. They are four-year veteran Eric Bojaj and Kevin Stafford, on the job nearly three years. Monroe said one was struck in the leg and arm and the other in the face and elbow.
Police said a 10-year-old girl suffered slight injuries after the suspect fired a shotgun blast through her home’s window.
Police say 27-year-old Brandon Brewer initially barricaded himself in a northeast Charlotte home before surrendering.
Police say officers didn’t fire shots during the incident.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Of Law School Resigns Days After Starting Job
- Ex-Fire Department Chief Charged With Embezzlement
- Firefighter Sentenced For Trying To Hire Undercover Officer To Kill Wife
- University Removes Cosby’s Name From Its Board Of Advisers Amid Sex Assault Allegations
- Group Of Mothers Push To Ban Guns From Store