Why The Carolina Panthers Defense Is Even Better In 2014?
Buy Panthers Tickets
I think most Panther fans believe that this defense will be a force again this season.
But, there are a few who fear that they can’t repeat last year’s success.
I believe they will be more than ok.
And, I will take it a step further.
I think they will be BETTER than last year. And, here is why…..
- Def Line players improving individually. K.K. Short, Mario Adison, Frank Alexander and Star Lotulelei all appear to be better than last season.
- Luke will be better too. Just because he won the Def. Player of the year Award in his second season doesn’t mean he is a finished product. He has even admitted he needs to get better as a blitzer and in pass coverage. And, my guess is he worked hard enough on those skills to be better.
- Hardy is on a mission. Judging from his camp and the preseason opener, it looks like he is set to have a big season. Might want to make back the money he lost with his off the field mess. After all, his last contract year went pretty well.
- The formula should stay the same. The Panthers defensive front allows them to stuff the run, get you in obvious passing downs and go after the QB. None of that should change this year.
- The Red Zone Defense should stay strong. One of the underrated keys to the Defense’s success in 2013 is that they were 3rd in the NFL in Red Zone Defense. They make you kick field goals. And based on the Buffalo game, that shouldn’t change this year. Last year they allowed a franchise low 21 TDs.
- The Secondary will be fine. Sure, Harper, Decoud and Cason were available for a reason. But, Mitchell, Munnerlyn and Florence were available last year and all didn’t receive any multi year offers. The pressure up front will shield these guys again.
What do you think? Let us know in the Comment Section below!