Man Gets 55 Years For Death Of 2 SC Women
MONCKS CORNER, S.C. (AP) — A Summerville man has been sentenced to 55 years in prison for the shooting deaths of two women in Berkeley County two years ago.
Multiple media outlets reported that 25-year-old Caleb Brad Matlock pleaded guilty in Moncks Coroner on Monday to killing 18-year-old Dana Woods and 22-year-old June Guerry.
Their bodies were found in the Francis Marion National Forest in August 2012.
Matlock’s plea came as he was to face trial on two counts of murder, two counts of possession of a gun during a violent crime, armed robbery and third-degree arson.
Matlock will not be eligible for parole.
Matlock apologized to the families of the victims and said he knew the apology was inadequate.
A co-defendant, 25-year-old Arthur Ray Chavis of Cordesville, is awaiting trial.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Of Law School Resigns Days After Starting Job
- Ex-Fire Department Chief Charged With Embezzlement
- Firefighter Sentenced For Trying To Hire Undercover Officer To Kill Wife
- University Removes Cosby’s Name From Its Board Of Advisers Amid Sex Assault Allegations
- Group Of Mothers Push To Ban Guns From Store