One Dead After Motorcycles, Car Collide On I-485
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — One man is dead after two people on motorcycles crashed with a car in southwestern Mecklenburg County.
The North Carolina Highway Patrol tells local media outlets the crash happened at around 11 p.m. Wednesday on Interstate 485.
Troopers say a 30-year-old man named Yoeun Yut was riding one of the motorcycles and was killed. The other motorcycle rider was taken to a hospital, but officials said that person is expected to be OK.
Authorities are still investigating the cause of the crash, but troopers believe speed was a factor. The road was shut down for a short time but has since reopened.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Of Law School Resigns Days After Starting Job
- Ex-Fire Department Chief Charged With Embezzlement
- Firefighter Sentenced For Trying To Hire Undercover Officer To Kill Wife
- University Removes Cosby’s Name From Its Board Of Advisers Amid Sex Assault Allegations
- Group Of Mothers Push To Ban Guns From Store