Mecklenburg County Considers Smoking Ban Outdoors
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Mecklenburg County commissioners are going to discuss a ban on smoking outside government buildings and in county parks.
The Charlotte Observer reports (http://bit.ly/1kAxOBs) the move is being championed by Mecklenburg Health Director Marcus Plescia. The commissioners are scheduled to hear the recommendation on Tuesday.
Since commissioners are the county’s health board, approving the recommendation would mean that smoking would be banned from all government buildings in the county, including those in Charlotte and the other six municipalities. Plescia said smoking would also be banned from spaces in private companies where the public is invited inside,
The ban would also include electronic cigarettes.
Commissioners are expected to schedule a public hearing, and could vote on the measure at their September meeting.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Other Posts You May Like:
- How To Eat Healthy At A Fast Food Restaurant
- Top 30 Songs To Get You Ready For Stagecoach
- Top 10 Halloween Costumes For Pets
- 10 Ways To Escape Football Season
- Top 40 Best Country Songs Of 2014
- Who Covers 'Stay With Me' Better?
- 5 Of The Worst Things To Receive On Halloween
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them