2-Year-Old Shot To Death In NC
WELDON, N.C. (AP) — Authorities in Halifax County are investigating the shooting death of a 2-year-old girl inside a home.
Police told local media outlets that officers were called at around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday after someone reported shots being fired into a house.
Officers say a 2-year-old girl was killed. Police Chief Mark Macon says a 54-year-old woman inside the home was also injured and was in critical condition at a local hospital.
Hours before the girl’s death, a teenager was wounded in another shooting outside Weldon. Authorities are still investigating both shootings and have not said if they are related.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Probe Reveals Scope Of Academic Fraud At UNC Involving 3,100 Students
- Researchers Find German U-Boat, Freighter Sunk Off NC Coast More Than 70 Years Ago During WWII Battle
- GOP Leader: NC Officials Can Refuse To Marry Gays
- HS Football Coach Ousted After Claims Of Racist Watermelon Postgame Celebration
- NC Campaign Flier Has Background Lynching Photo