SC Child Left In Truck While Mom Is At Store
UNION, S.C. (AP) — A Union woman has been arrested and accused of leaving her 16-month-old boy in a pickup truck while she went into a grocery store.
Thirty-one-year-old Crystal Jean Nave was charged with child neglect Wednesday. The Union County Sheriff’s Office said Nave had been in a store about 15 to 20 minutes trying to cash a check.
The report says the boy was in a car seat in the truck with the motor running when an employee called 911. The report said Nave said she left the boy in the truck with the air conditioner on and in front of store cameras.
Store employees told deputies there were no cameras pointed toward her truck.
It was not clear if Nave has an attorney. The boy was placed with her sister.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Investigation Exposed ‘Shadow Curriculum’ Run Within UNC’s Former African And Afro-American Studies Dept.
- Tillis Camp Says Romney To Campaign For Him In NC
- Man Faced With Murder Charges After Girlfriend Found Dead In Home
- Woman Admits Lying To Cops When FBI Agent Was Shot
- SC Denies Gay Unions Despite Apellate Rulings