Scam Involved Nude Photos, Broken Church Windows
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina authorities say a South Carolina man posed as a Charlotte pastor and a State Bureau of Investigation agent to scam people out of money in a scheme involving nude pictures and supposedly broken church windows.
Attorney General Roy Cooper said 23-year-old Justin Moore of Greenwood was arrested Monday.
Cooper says the scam started with a woman sending the victims nude photos. Moore would then call them saying he was the pastor father of the underage woman and when he confronted her, she threw her phone, shattering a church window.
Cooper says Moore demanded money for repairs, calling back as an SBI agent to collect the payment.
Moore is awaiting extradition. It wasn’t known if he had a lawyer. Cooper says others helped Moore and additional arrests are possible.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Investigation Exposed ‘Shadow Curriculum’ Run Within UNC’s Former African And Afro-American Studies Dept.
- Tillis Camp Says Romney To Campaign For Him In NC
- Man Faced With Murder Charges After Girlfriend Found Dead In Home
- Woman Admits Lying To Cops When FBI Agent Was Shot
- SC Denies Gay Unions Despite Apellate Rulings