Man Falls To Death From SC Bridge
DUNCAN, S.C. (AP) — Spartanburg County authorities are investigating the death of a man who apparently fell from a bridge over Interstate 85.
Coroner Rusty Clevenger said the man was pronounced dead Sunday evening at the scene in the emergency lane of I-85 near the state Highway 290 bridge near Duncan.
Clevenger said a witness reported seeing the man fall from the bridge. The coroner said passing motorists stopped to check on the man, and it did not appear he was struck by a vehicle.
The man’s name has not been released.
The coroner’s office and Duncan police are investigating.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Probe Reveals Scope Of Academic Fraud At UNC Involving 3,100 Students
- Researchers Find German U-Boat, Freighter Sunk Off NC Coast More Than 70 Years Ago During WWII Battle
- GOP Leader: NC Officials Can Refuse To Marry Gays
- HS Football Coach Ousted After Claims Of Racist Watermelon Postgame Celebration
- NC Campaign Flier Has Background Lynching Photo