Minor League GM Gets Public Prostate Exam
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) — There was as much attention on the press box as on the field at the Myrtle Beach Pelicans minor league baseball game as team’s general manager had a public prostate exam.
During the seventh inning stretch of Thursday’s game, Andy Milovich bent over with his head out the press box window singing “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” as the exam was performed as part of Prostate Awareness Night.
Milovich had the exam as part of a challenge with a 10-year-old boy suffering from brain cancer who has a Facebook page about his fight. Milovich agreed to have the exam if the page got 10,000 “likes,” a number reached Monday.
Milovich said it was an odd night in minor league baseball but also was one of the most important.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
News From Our Music Sites
- Top 15 Country Sayings
- Top 10 Ways To Enjoy The Dog Days Of Summer
- Panthers QB Newton Seeks Chemistry With New WRs
- 10 Ways Life Would Be Better If Kids Ruled The World
- Top 10 Feel Good Country Songs
- The Six Types of People You’ll Find On Social Media
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them