NC Farmer Puzzled After Cattle Shot
DUDLEY SHOALS, N.C. (AP) — A Caldwell County farmer doesn’t understand why someone is shooting his cattle.
Eighty-one-year-old Jack Starnes says one of the cows on his farm in Dudley Shoals was shot and wounded in May. Starnes says five more have been shot and wounded this month.
He says several of those animals may have to be put down because of their injuries. Another cow was found dead, but it was unclear if it had been shot.
Starnes has about three dozen beef cattle.
Sheriff’s deputies are investigating the shootings.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UNC Students: “Ladies Night” Promotions Are Sexist And Should End
- Kentucky Firefighters Hurt When Ice Bucket Challenge Goes Wrong
- CMPD Officers Searching For Suspect In Steele Creek Shooting
- Woman Pleads Guilty After Stealing Late Mothers Social Security Checks
- Ex-Officer Sues Over South Carolina Inmate’s Death