Tests Confirm Body Is That Of Missing NC Teacher
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The medical examiner in Charlotte has confirmed that remains found last week are those of missing school teacher Bianca Tanner.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police had said they thought the remains were those of Tanner, but were awaiting confirmation from the medical examiner’s office.
Police arrested and charged Tanner’s boyfriend, 30-year-old Angelo Grayson Smith Jr., with murder last week. Smith is scheduled to appear in court again July 16.
Assistant District Attorney Bill Stetzer would not talk Monday about how investigators found the body.
The 31-year-old Tanner had moved to Charlotte from Greensboro with her 3-year-old son. She was reported missing by Smith June 8 in Charlotte. Smith told police he and Tanner argued before she left their apartment.
He was arrested in Chicago. His attorney said Smith went there after receiving threats.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Warrant: SC Dad Who Allegedly Killed His Five Children Believed They Were Going To Kill Him
- Former Police Officer Charged With Distributing Child Pornography
- Ex-Governors Urge Citizenship Test For Students
- High School Principal Forces Students To Remove American Flags From Cars On 9/11
- Police: Man, 70, Growing Marijuana In Chicken Coop