2 Charlotte Firefighters Disciplined After Wreck
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Two Charlotte firefighters have been disciplined after their ladder truck overturned on a residential street.
Officials said Friday that the driver had been suspended without pay for two weeks. The onboard captain received an unpaid one-week suspension.
All four firefighters onboard the truck were treated for minor injuries when the vehicle overturned last month in southern Mecklenburg County near the North Carolina-South Carolina state line.
Officials say the truck was responding to an emergency call at the time. No other vehicles were involved, and authorities say speed was a factor in the crash.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Probe Reveals Scope Of Academic Fraud At UNC Involving 3,100 Students
- Researchers Find German U-Boat, Freighter Sunk Off NC Coast More Than 70 Years Ago During WWII Battle
- GOP Leader: NC Officials Can Refuse To Marry Gays
- HS Football Coach Ousted After Claims Of Racist Watermelon Postgame Celebration
- NC Campaign Flier Has Background Lynching Photo