Man Dies In Mecklenburg County Trench Collapse
MINT HILL, N.C. (AP) — A man has died after a trench he was working in collapsed in eastern Mecklenburg County.
Paramedics were called to Mint Hill on Tuesday evening and pronounced the man dead at the scene.
Officials said the man was part of a crew installing a new water pipe system. The man had been lowered into the trench on a bucket in a backhoe before the walls collapsed.
The man’s name has not been released.
No other injuries were reported.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Of Law School Resigns Days After Starting Job
- Ex-Fire Department Chief Charged With Embezzlement
- Firefighter Sentenced For Trying To Hire Undercover Officer To Kill Wife
- University Removes Cosby’s Name From Its Board Of Advisers Amid Sex Assault Allegations
- Group Of Mothers Push To Ban Guns From Store