How Can The Bobcats Win (A Couple Games) Against The Heat
Some say I am aiming too high. Others think I am aiming too low. But, I believe the Bobcats can and will win 2 games against the Heat. How will they do it? Let me count the ways.
1) Feed Big Al- He averaged 25 points and 15 rebounds this year against Miami. He had 38 and 18 in their last meeting. Chris Bosh is 36th among Big men in shooting percentage allowed within 5 feet and that is Big Al’s office. If Big Al goes off in this series, it could go a long way towards pushing it to 6 games.
2) Protect the Paint- The Heat lead the NBA by shooting 67 percent within 5 feet. The Bobcats are 5th in the NBA in FG percentage allowed within 5 feet. If they can protect he paint like they have this year and force Lebron and company to shoot from outside. That might not work all the time (like if LBJ goes 8-10 from 3 pt range), but it could win you a couple games.
3) Don’t turn it over- The Heat love getting out on the break. Their halfcourt offense can bog down at times, but when they run, they are impossible to stop. The Bobcats are #1 in fewest turnovers this season. If they can protect the ball and not turn it over and allow run outs, they have a chance to compete with Miami.
4) Role players keep rollin’- The play of the bench and the newfound depth of this team have been big parts of their success down the stretch. The Miami bench has struggled of late. If CDR. Neal, Zeller and Ridnour can play the way they have lately, this could be a real Cats advantage in the series.
5) Hendo harass Wade- Wade has played just 6 games in the last month. He is aging and as always not fully healthy. If Hendo can harass him on offense and make him work on defense, chances are Wade will struggle at times in this series. And, as is often the case in the Playoffs, when Lebron doesn’t get help from Wade, they are vulnerable