Man Drowns In Pond Near SC Bar
LITTLE RIVER, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say the drowning of a 63-year-old man in an Horry County pond appears to be an accident.
Rescuers pulled Michel Melanson from the water behind a bar and restaurant in Little River around 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
Horry County Coroner Robert Edge says Melanson was seen at the edge of the pond several hours before he died.
Edge says an autopsy determined Melanson drowned.
The coroner says Melanson was from Canada and had been staying at a nearby gold club for several months with friends.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Of Law School Resigns Days After Starting Job
- Ex-Fire Department Chief Charged With Embezzlement
- Firefighter Sentenced For Trying To Hire Undercover Officer To Kill Wife
- University Removes Cosby’s Name From Its Board Of Advisers Amid Sex Assault Allegations
- Group Of Mothers Push To Ban Guns From Store