Man Drowns In Pond Near SC Bar
LITTLE RIVER, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say the drowning of a 63-year-old man in an Horry County pond appears to be an accident.
Rescuers pulled Michel Melanson from the water behind a bar and restaurant in Little River around 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
Horry County Coroner Robert Edge says Melanson was seen at the edge of the pond several hours before he died.
Edge says an autopsy determined Melanson drowned.
The coroner says Melanson was from Canada and had been staying at a nearby gold club for several months with friends.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Probe Reveals Scope Of Academic Fraud At UNC Involving 3,100 Students
- Researchers Find German U-Boat, Freighter Sunk Off NC Coast More Than 70 Years Ago During WWII Battle
- GOP Leader: NC Officials Can Refuse To Marry Gays
- HS Football Coach Ousted After Claims Of Racist Watermelon Postgame Celebration
- NC Campaign Flier Has Background Lynching Photo