Firefighters Rescue Worker Dangling From Cell Tower
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Charlotte firefighters rescued a cellphone tower worker dangling from the structure after a medical emergency.
Spokesman Mark Basnight says the Charlotte Fire Department was called to the scene on Thursday. Authorities said the worker had been dangling from the tower in a safety harness for about 40 minutes before crew members got to him.
Two rescue team members climbed up the side of the tower and then helped the worker get back down to the ground.
The tower worker was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. His name has not been released, and authorities are still investigating.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- President Of Law School Resigns Days After Starting Job
- Ex-Fire Department Chief Charged With Embezzlement
- Firefighter Sentenced For Trying To Hire Undercover Officer To Kill Wife
- University Removes Cosby’s Name From Its Board Of Advisers Amid Sex Assault Allegations
- Group Of Mothers Push To Ban Guns From Store