Couple, Suspect, Officer Killed In Burke County
MORGANTON, N.C. (AP) — Officials have released the names of a couple, a law enforcement officer and a suspect killed in Burke County.
Sheriff Steve Whisenant says 38-year-old Troy David Whisnant was shot and killed Wednesday after a manhunt north of Morganton.
The sheriff said deputies were asked to check on a couple where the woman had not been seen since last Friday. Deputies found the bodies of Levi and Rhonda Whisnant. Investigators think the couple was killed earlier.
Stolen vehicles prompted deputies to search for the couple’s son, Troy Whisnant.
Thirty-nine-year-old Jason Crisp of Marion with the U.S. Forest Service was killed during the manhunt, along with his police dog.
Investigators say Crisp was shot around 2:30 p.m. About two hours later, officers found Whisnant and he was shot after firing at officers.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
News From Our Music Sites
- Best Green Cocktails And Irish Drink Recipes
- Top 10 Stereotypes About Women
- Top 10 Reasons You Should Get Out Of A Relationship NOW!
- Hottest Instagram Pictures Of Rihanna
- 31 Pictures Of Carrie Underwood
- Top 5 Sexiest Jobs For Men
- Natural Hair Diaries: Top 10 Transitioning Tips
- Top 10 Feel Good Country Songs
- Top 10 Texts Not To Send To Your Dream Girl
- Top 10 Biggest Celebrity & Athlete Rants Of All Time
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them