SC Woman Jailed For Failing To Return VHS Tape She Rented In 2005
Pickens County, S.C. (CBS CHARLOTTE) – A South Carolina woman spent the night in jail for failing to return a video tape she rented in 2005 – from a store that is now out of business.
Kayla Michelle Finley of Pickens County spent a night in jail last week for failing to return the VHS tape of “Monster-in-Law,” a critically panned 2005 comedy starring Jennifer Lopez and Jane Fonda about a feud between a potential daughter and mother-in-law, WYFF-TV reports. The now-defunct Dalton Videos store owner went to a county magistrate years ago when the VHS was not returned, and an arrest warrant was issued for Finley to turn herself into authorities.
Pickens County Sheriff’s Chief Deputy Creed Hashe said that on Thursday Finley was at the Sheriff’s Office on an unrelated matter, when the active warrant was discovered by local authorities. Hashe told WYFF that several certified letters asking to turn herself in were never given response by Finley over the years.
Finley, 27, was arrested and spent the night in jail on a misdemeanor charge of failure to return a rented video cassette.
A judge released her on a $2,000 personal recognizance bond on Friday morning.
- Stars Who Look 20 But Are Really In Their 30's
- Meet The New Cast Of Dancing With The Stars
- Rick Ross Talks About New Album
- Sexiest Men In Country Music
- Top 10 Heart-stopping Ball Park Foods
- Top 10 Feel Good Country Songs
- Top 10 Texts Not To Send To Your Dream Girl
- What's Your Romantic Comedy Relationship Type?
- Top 10 Biggest Celebrity & Athlete Rants Of All Time
- Is Fasting Fabulous Or Just Another Diet Fad?
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them