20601A-WFNZ-the-fan-Final2 35h_CBSSportsRad_1660AM

News Home

Carbon Monoxide Sickens 6 At Charlotte Church

View Comments
(Photo by: Nichole Jaworski/CBS CLT)

(Photo by: Nichole Jaworski/CBS CLT)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Sunday services at a Charlotte church were cancelled after carbon monoxide was found inside the building.

Firefighters said six people were taken to the hospital Saturday after they were sickened by the dangerous gas at Shiloh Institutional Baptist.

Authorities say about 18 people were meeting in the church when some of them started feeling dizzy and nauseous. Firefighters found carbon monoxide levels inside were potentially deadly.

Firefighters think carbon monoxide was leaking into the building through the broken heating system.

The church has hired a contractor to check its heating system and cancelled services Sunday as a precaution.

(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus