Wal-Mart Not Going After SC Man Who Took Bread, Milk
UNION, S.C. (AP) — Union police say a Wal-Mart store is choosing not to pursue charges against a man accused of stealing milk and bread ahead of an advancing winter storm.
WHNS-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1cvdmvG ) that police were called to the store at around 1:20 p.m. on Tuesday after an employee noticed a shoplifter on surveillance video.
According to the police report, a man is seen on camera putting roughly $11 worth of items including a gallon of milk and a loaf of French bread into a bag. Authorities say the video shows the man walk around the store before leaving without paying.
The worker said he got the man’s license tag number but did not want to pursue charges.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Will Now Get Warning Instead Of $525 Fine For Not Paying $0.89 For Refill
- Men Walk In Heels To Raise Awareness Of Violence Against Women
- 63-Year-Old Woman Stabbed To Death In Concord
- Former Teacher Faces Charges In Connection With Illegal Photography Of Students
- Bill Banning Abortions Beyond 19 Weeks Stalls In South Carolina Senate