Hitman’s Top 5 Cry Babies In Sports All-Time
This week on the show one of our daily topics was who are the biggest cry babies in sports all-time? You know the players or coaches who just seem to complain non-stop when a call by an official doesn’t go their way.
On the show we had a range of answers from LeBron James all the way to Jim Harbaugh. Here are my top 5 cry babies all time in sports from 5 on down to 1.
5. Phillip Rivers; Rivers is the one that spurned this question of us this week. He said earlier in the week at the Pro Bowl that “the perception on his end is that he is always crying or arguing or complaining and he said a lot if it is just a lot of fun and passion and emotion that you have as kids growing up in the backyard, playing with your buddies.” I beg to differ. Rivers is in solid position here at number 10.
4. LeBron James; James while obviously the best basketball player in the world, is the biggest whiner in the NBA. As a superstar in the NBA, he gets 90 percent of the calls during a game, so why whine and moan for more? Just take a foul call like a man. Michael Jordan worked the refs with class. LeBron should take a page from MJ’s book.
3. Coach K; While winning his 900th game yesterday as Duke’s head basketball coach, Coach K didn’t let us down as usual, whining and crying on cue about calls all game long while his Blue Devils were up 20 on Florida State.
2. Tom Brady; While Brady is an obvious first ballot hall of fame quarterback, and I love him as a quarterback, he should be a first ballot hall of fame NFL cry baby. You get as close as grazing his finger nail while rushing at him and he complains to the ref. Oh and lets not forget when he was injured for the season a few years back, the NFL swiftly changed the rules on hitting quarterbacks to protect its prized cry baby.
1. John McEnroe; Johnny Mac is the picture in the dictionary placed right next to the phrase sports cry baby. This guy is the poster child for all-time sports cry babies. From swearing, to throwing rackets on a daily basis, the face of tennis for so many years made even yours truly watch tennis!