11 More Flu Deaths Reported In South Carolina
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — South Carolina health officials say 11 additional people died from the flu in the state last week.
The Department of Health and Environmental Control said 41 people have died from the flu in the state through Monday, when the most recent reporting period ended.
All but four of the deaths have been in adults, with 16 flu deaths reported this season in people between ages 50 and 64.
More than 1,200 people have been hospitalized with the flu and a total of 24,000 cases have been reported in South Carolina since the flu season began at the end of September.
Additionally, 5 more people died this week from the Flu in North Carolina. That brings the total of flu related deaths to 74 across the Carolinas.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Celebrities Who Overcame An Eating Disorder
- Top 10 Biggest Celebrity & Athlete Rants Of All Time
- Brantley Gilbert Knows Tomorrow Is Never Promised
- Flu Virus Reaches Epidemic Proportions
- See it, Rent It, Or Skip It: ‘Her’
- Is Fasting Fabulous Or Just Another Diet Fad?
- Who Moves On Faster After A Breakup, Men Or Women?
- Top 10 U.S. Job Markets For 2014
- Two Amazing Covers You Don’t Want To Miss
- Roundtable Talk: Transracial Adoption
- Toby Keith Shocks Gun Fans By Posting ‘No Guns Permitted’ Sign At New Restaurant
- The Truth About Dating Someone Who Has Kids
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them