10-Year-Old Fatally Shoots Self At Home In South Charlotte
(CBS Charlotte) — Officers with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department and medics responded to a shooting at a home in South Charlotte this morning.
Upon arrival, they found a 10-year-old boy who had suffered a fatal, self-inflicted gun shot wound to the head.
It is believed that the gun involved in the shooting is owned by the father of the boy, who was in the shower when the shooting occurred.
The boy was a student at Providence Day School.
Police remain at the residence and are investigating.
Few details have been released at this time.
(This story is still developing. Stay with CBS Charlotte for updates as they become available.)
News From Our Music Sites:
- Top 10 Biggest Celebrity & Athlete Rants Of All Time
- Brantley Gilbert Knows Tomorrow Is Never Promised
- Flu Virus Reaches Epidemic Proportions
- See it, Rent It, Or Skip It: ‘Her’
- Is Fasting Fabulous Or Just Another Diet Fad?
- Top 10 U.S. Job Markets For 2014
- Two Amazing Covers You Don’t Want To Miss
- Roundtable Talk: Transracial Adoption
- Toby Keith Shocks Gun Fans By Posting ‘No Guns Permitted’ Sign At New Restaurant