SC Man Found Under Home’s Rubble Beaten To Death
SENECA, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a 61-year-old man found dead under the rubble of his burned Westminster home nearly three weeks after his disappeared was beaten in the head.
Oconee County Coroner Karl Addis said Sunday that autopsy results determined Richard Marszalek was killed with an object that hasn’t been determined.
Marszalek’s body was found Friday in the rubble of his home, which burned down on Jan. 4. Marszalek was last seen about a week earlier.
Addis says Marszalek’s body was not burned in the blaze.
The coroner says recent cold weather helped preserve Marszalek’s body, making the autopsy and identification easier.
Deputies charged 28-year-old Joshua Fulbright and 27-year-old Patrick Covon with murder in Marszalek’s killing. No motive has been given. It wasn’t known if either man had an attorney.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Probe Reveals Scope Of Academic Fraud At UNC Involving 3,100 Students
- Researchers Find German U-Boat, Freighter Sunk Off NC Coast More Than 70 Years Ago During WWII Battle
- GOP Leader: NC Officials Can Refuse To Marry Gays
- HS Football Coach Ousted After Claims Of Racist Watermelon Postgame Celebration
- NC Campaign Flier Has Background Lynching Photo