SC Man Found Under Home’s Rubble Beaten To Death
SENECA, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a 61-year-old man found dead under the rubble of his burned Westminster home nearly three weeks after his disappeared was beaten in the head.
Oconee County Coroner Karl Addis said Sunday that autopsy results determined Richard Marszalek was killed with an object that hasn’t been determined.
Marszalek’s body was found Friday in the rubble of his home, which burned down on Jan. 4. Marszalek was last seen about a week earlier.
Addis says Marszalek’s body was not burned in the blaze.
The coroner says recent cold weather helped preserve Marszalek’s body, making the autopsy and identification easier.
Deputies charged 28-year-old Joshua Fulbright and 27-year-old Patrick Covon with murder in Marszalek’s killing. No motive has been given. It wasn’t known if either man had an attorney.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 63-Year-Old Woman Stabbed To Death In Concord
- Former Teacher Faces Charges In Connection With Illegal Photography Of Students
- Bill Banning Abortions Beyond 19 Weeks Stalls In South Carolina Senate
- Ex-Greenville Police Officer Accused Of Tampering with Evidence, Obstructing Justice
- Bar Bans ‘Blurred Lines’ After UNC Student Complained Song Promoted Rape Culture