Panthers’ Offseason To Do List
It was an amazing season for the Carolina Panthers. They rallied all the way from 1-3 to a Division title and a 2 seed in the NFC. But, it is now time for the Panthers’ brass to get down to business and attempt to make the team even better. Here is my to do list for Dave Gettleman and company.
1) Sign Greg Hardy- even if you have to franchise him and buy yourself a year, keep him. He is a 25 year old pass rusher who averaged 13 sacks the last two years. He plays the run well and can play inside. These guys don’t grow on trees.
2) Keep Jordan Gross- even if you draft an OT high this May, you still could use Gross for one more year. He is an alternate for the Pro Bowl who picked up his play this year and can be counted on for one last season. Draft a tackle and put him on the Right Side and then have him replace Gross the following season.
3) Re-sign Captain Munnerlyn- He is the heart and soul of the secondary. Little guy plays with a chip on his shoulder, is our best cover guy and is a big play DB.
4) Re-sign Graham Gano- I know, he is a kicker. But, this guy led the league and Touchback percentage and that was a big part of our Defensive dominance. Plus, he was money on FGs (especially deep ones).
5) Re-sign Ted Ginn- On a team without many big play threats, Ginn was one. Great return man and 3rd receiver type. I would replace Lafell in Free agency or the Draft, but keep Ginn.
NOTE: Of course I am all about giving Cam a long term deal and paying him over $100 million. And, I know his value will probably go up. But, I feel like it would be hard to do that and keep Hardy. So, I will push for the one at time method to the Hardy and Cam situation.