Daycare Worker Gave Children Bleach To Drink
(CBS Charlotte) — About a dozen children between the ages of three and four were taken to hospitals throughout the Kings Mountain area yesterday, after drinking bleach while at daycare.
Police and medics were dispatched to Bolin Day Care on Monday after several children unexpectedly fell ill. The children had been served water from a pitcher that contained a small amount of bleach.
The incident is believed to be an accident. On Friday, a worker at the daycare had added bleach to the pitcher to clean the container. On Monday, another employee at the daycare was not aware that the pitcher contained bleach, and it was mistakenly poured into cups and served to the children, who thought it was water.
After consuming the bleach water, several children began vomiting. Local and state health agencies are currently investigating.
The children are expected to be okay.
-Nichole Jaworski, CBS Charlotte
- Who Moves On Faster After A Breakup, Men Or Women?
- Two Amazing Covers You Don’t Want To Miss
- Why Country Music Fans Everywhere Love Garth Brooks
- Roundtable Talk: Transracial Adoption
- Toby Keith Shocks Gun Fans By Posting ‘No Guns Permitted’ Sign At New Restaurant
- See It, Rent It, Or Skip It: ‘Grudge Match’
- Do You Drink Too Much
- See It, Rent It, Or Skip It: ‘The Wolf Of Wall Street’
- Hot & Sexy Bearded Celeb Men
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them