Bike Rider Dies After Being Hit By SC Fire Truck
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — A bicycle rider has died after being hit by a North Charleston fire truck that was responding to a call.
The South Carolina Highway Patrol says the collision happened shortly after 11 p.m. Thursday in North Charleston.
Officials say the fire truck’s lights and sirens were on when the accident happened.
The biker was taken to the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston and died there. The name of the victim has not yet been released.
Troopers are still investigating the collision.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Will Now Get Warning Instead Of $525 Fine For Not Paying $0.89 For Refill
- Men Walk In Heels To Raise Awareness Of Violence Against Women
- 63-Year-Old Woman Stabbed To Death In Concord
- Former Teacher Faces Charges In Connection With Illegal Photography Of Students
- Bill Banning Abortions Beyond 19 Weeks Stalls In South Carolina Senate