Names Released Of Those Involved In NC Train Wreck
CARY, N.C. (AP) — Authorities have released the names of the woman killed and the man seriously injured after their car was struck by an Amtrak train in Cary.
Police Lt. Steve Wilkins says the driver of the car, 24-year-old Benny Derrick Dimery, was taken to a hospital for treatment after the Thursday morning crash. His girlfriend, 21-year-old Lauren Webb, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The northbound Silver Star was heading inbound to Cary’s Amtrak station on a route between Miami, Fla., and New York City. Authorities say none of the 291 passengers on board the train was injured.
Investigators are still working on the case but say they think Dimery drove around one of the crossing arms that blocked Southwest Maynard Road as the train approached.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Will Now Get Warning Instead Of $525 Fine For Not Paying $0.89 For Refill
- Men Walk In Heels To Raise Awareness Of Violence Against Women
- 63-Year-Old Woman Stabbed To Death In Concord
- Former Teacher Faces Charges In Connection With Illegal Photography Of Students
- Bill Banning Abortions Beyond 19 Weeks Stalls In South Carolina Senate