Woman Killed Answering Door In SC
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — Police say a North Charleston woman was shot to death on New Year’s Day after answering a knock on her door.
Investigators said the victim’s son told officers he heard several gunshots as his mother went to the door around 5 a.m. Wednesday.
The victim died at the hospital. Her name has not been released.
Police said there were two additional shootings of someone answering a door in North Charleston on New Year’s Day. That victim was in the hospital.
Investigators haven’t determined if the two shootings are related.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ex-Greenville Police Officer Accused Of Tampering with Evidence, Obstructing Justice
- Bar Bans ‘Blurred Lines’ After UNC Student Complained Song Promoted Rape Culture
- Former NC Teacher Accused Of Sending Obscene Videos To Students
- SC Education Agency Pulls Out Of Testing Program
- USDA Says NC Health Agency Met Food Stamp Deadline