Elderly NC Couple Not Seen For 2 Weeks Found Dead In Home
TAYLORSVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Alexander County deputies say a couple has been found dead in their home after they hadn’t been seen for two weeks.
A friend called 911 on Tuesday after knocking on the door of the Taylorsville home and getting no answer. Deputies say they found the body of 71-year-old Betty Jean Quackenbush in the garage and 75-year-old Robert Quackenbush was found dead in a closet by a water heater.
Investigators say autopsies have been ordered to determine how the couple died.
Deputies say two dogs and a cat were found inside of the home, while a second cat was dead.
Neighbors say they had not seen the couple in two weeks and the man and wife usually kept to themselves.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ex-Greenville Police Officer Accused Of Tampering with Evidence, Obstructing Justice
- Bar Bans ‘Blurred Lines’ After UNC Student Complained Song Promoted Rape Culture
- Former NC Teacher Accused Of Sending Obscene Videos To Students
- SC Education Agency Pulls Out Of Testing Program
- USDA Says NC Health Agency Met Food Stamp Deadline