Woman Dies In Wreck With NC Deputy
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — A woman has died in a wreck with a Cumberland County sheriff’s deputy.
State troopers say the crash happened at about 10:30 p.m. Monday as two deputies in separate vehicles responded to a call about a possible suicide attempt.
Troopers say the woman’s SUV allegedly hit one deputy’s car but didn’t stop. Somewhere between Fayetteville and Hope Mills, authorities say the woman hit the second deputy’s car as they entered a sharp curve in the road.
The woman was killed in that crash, and the deputy broke an ankle. The deputy involved in the first crash wasn’t hurt.
The woman’s name hasn’t been released.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Men Walk In Heels To Raise Awareness Of Violence Against Women
- 63-Year-Old Woman Stabbed To Death In Concord
- Former Teacher Faces Charges In Connection With Illegal Photography Of Students
- Bill Banning Abortions Beyond 19 Weeks Stalls In South Carolina Senate
- Ex-Greenville Police Officer Accused Of Tampering with Evidence, Obstructing Justice