Dad: 5-Year-Old Suspended For Making Gun Gesture With Hand
GASTON COUNTY, N.C. (CBS Charlotte) – A 5-year-old boy was reportedly suspended from school after making a gun gesture with his hand on the playground.
His father, David Hendrix, was furious when he found out his son was issued a suspension for the gesture.
“He was playing army on the playground,” Hendrix told WBTV. “I just felt like the punishment was way too severe.”
The boy was issued a one day in-school suspension from his kindergarten class at Pinewood Elementary School.
Hendrix wanted the issue resolved and met with the school principle who did not want to drop the suspension, so he pressed further.
“I requested an immediate meeting that night with him myself and the school board, at their pleasure, anytime that night. And at that point they decided it was not worth the effort, not worth the headache and dropped everything right then and there,” Hendrix told WBTV.
In the school’s handbook, there is no mention of punishment for making a ‘gun gesture’ with your hand, WBTV reported. Calls made by WBTV to the school went unanswered.
- Top Christmas Movies Not All About Christmas
- Most Memorable Charlotte Sports Moments of 2013
- The Truth About Dating Someone Who Has Kids
- The Realities Of Growing Up Poor
- 10 Ways You’re Driving Him Away
- 5 Tips For Managing Your Holiday Budget
- Star Transformation: Ian Somerhalder
- Top 10 Highest Paid Celebrities Of 2013
- Celebrities Remember Paul Walker
- Hot & Sexy Bearded Celeb Men
- 10 Reasons Adam Levine Is The Sexiest Man Alive
- Michael Jordan: Team Will Use Same Colors As Old Hornets
- 5 Things You Should Never Purchase Online
- 5 Things You Spend Money On Then Never Use
- Top 10 Lessons We Can Learn From Our Dogs
- 5 Best Stadiums In The NFL
- Top Country Wedding Songs Of 2013
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them