Man Lying In Road Struck And Killed In SC
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a 57-year-old man has been killed after he was hit by a car while lying in a Spartanburg street.
Spartanburg County Coroner Rusty Clevenger said Ronnie Patton was pronounced dead at the scene of the collision around 1:30 a.m. Friday.
Investigators say the driver who hit Patton was driving home from work in a residential area about 3 miles from where Patton lived.
Authorities are trying to figure out why Patton was lying in the road on such a cold night and didn’t move as the vehicle approached.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bill Banning Abortions Beyond 19 Weeks Stalls In South Carolina Senate
- Ex-Greenville Police Officer Accused Of Tampering with Evidence, Obstructing Justice
- Bar Bans ‘Blurred Lines’ After UNC Student Complained Song Promoted Rape Culture
- Former NC Teacher Accused Of Sending Obscene Videos To Students
- SC Education Agency Pulls Out Of Testing Program