2 Shot And Wounded At Monroe Chicken Plant
MONROE, N.C. (AP) — Monroe police say two men have been shot and injured in the parking lot of a chicken plant.
Police were called to the Tyson Foods plant shortly after 5 a.m. Friday.
Officers said one of the victims called and reported he and another man had been shot. They were taken to Carolinas Medical Center with injuries that were not considered to be life-threatening.
Police said a suspect was in custody in Wingate after he called them.
Officers don’t know if any of those involved worked at the plant.
The plant has about 1,400 employees.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ex-Greenville Police Officer Accused Of Tampering with Evidence, Obstructing Justice
- Bar Bans ‘Blurred Lines’ After UNC Student Complained Song Promoted Rape Culture
- Former NC Teacher Accused Of Sending Obscene Videos To Students
- SC Education Agency Pulls Out Of Testing Program
- USDA Says NC Health Agency Met Food Stamp Deadline